Re: Back to basics - or musings of an old bore

Karl Kluge wrote:

> I really wish we knew more about what Manly had in mind when he said the
> Mss was in  "a comparatively simple cipher disguised by extensive use of
> nulls." The next time someone is at Yale it would be useful if they'd look
> at this 20 Mar 1920 letter to Mrs. Voynich.

On a similar note, I am interested in the 'key' discovered within the
manuscript.  Obviously it's a failed attempt, however it is possible
that the person who wrote that key knew more about the manuscript than
we do.  I wonder what language he was using as his basis for attempting
the key.  Perhaps he actually knew what language it was in.

Regards,
Brian