Re: D! IV

Dennis writes:

> 	EVA does resemble the corresponding Voynich characters.  Frogguy does
> so even more.  And Currier and FSG had quite a bit of resemblance.
>
> 	In all cases, the creators of these alphabets chose their characters
> for that very reason, for mnemonic value, so that they would be easier to
> remember!!!  Is that a deep, dark, cosmic mystery?  Ask René and Gabriel, or
> Frogguy.

Right, there is no question that *some* of the Voynich characters look very
much like the ASCII equivalents chosen for them (Currier 8, 9, A, and C, for
instance). On the other hand, EVA "AIN" (which is central to the decipherment
claim I think we're discussing here) is merely "AN" in Currier, and there were
IIRC specific statistical reasons Currier did it that way.