VMs:

>From http://es.rice.edu/ES/humsoc/Galileo/Things/gregorian_calendar.html
"By 1500 the vernal equinox fell on the 10th or 11th of March and the
autumnal equinox on the 13th or 14th of September"

Not to mention that 1582's correction certainly hadn't taken place during
the writing of the VMS, then the 'official' calendars of the time would have
had them out of sync. Okay, Julius Caesar was responsible for the leap
year - so I guess I could assert that the extra star in Pisces counts for
leap years...

Now, why would someone divide up the spring months into eight alternating
half and full decades? Some method of calculating Easter? I don't think so,
because Easter can never fall into May... Perhaps, there is an agricultural
reason - four half decades represent planting dates? Oh well...

	Time to get to the yard work...

	John.