Re: VMs: Line and paragraph as structural unit (Noise or data ?)

5/26/03 1:47:14 AM, Mart Vabar <mesinik@xxxxxx> wrote:

>when looking, how Voynichese "Y" was actually written, I thought it could be
>related with "J" (12.letter) in futhark - this one you see here par example:
>http://www.otherwonders.com/swiftpaws/pagan/futhark-letters.gif
>"J" in futhark (AFAIK) was probably pronounced something like Y or U-umlaut

One minor reason I had to think that <y> is a sort of schwa is that
it looks like <a> with a tail, or <o>. Together with its distributional
properties, that made me think that it was the undifferentiated
pronunciation of <a> and <o> when in unstressed position.

Time may never tell....