Re: VMs: Codex Seraphinianus...?

It's my own opinion. The Codex Seraphinianus is an extremely lengthy
document with fantastical pictures far more bizarre and unusual than we ever
have or ever will find in the VMS, does not really have terribly distinct
characters (given that it is cursive handwriting), and has indeed more than
one character set. It is also extremely difficult to conceive of a
motivation for Luigi Serafini to create over 400 pages of virtually totally
untranslatable code without giving even a remote clue to its decryption,
other than, as Francois transcribes, "fille orgiaque surgie et devinée, le
premier jour sur la digue de Balbeo" "encore" "statuaire ...
souvenir...voici encore" "voici... yeux blessés", "franchir, ailleur, c'est,
you, passionné, use, bien, croire, je, croyance, par".  That's hardly more
than the author of VMS gave us...

MDP

Nick Pelling: