Re: VMs: Image Source, Accuracy of Transcriptions

Take a look at f114r.  You will see 'f' amd 'p' throughout the page.

example words:

pchcos  podair  ocphy
ofchedaiis cfhdy

there are a lot more.

******************************
Larry Roux
Syracuse University
lroux@xxxxxxx
*******************************

--- Larry Roux <LRoux@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry, While I believe that the inital "f" and "k"
> for paragraphs/sentences should not be included as
> parts of words - your statement "the character 'f'
> in fachys is a character that only appears in the MS
> on the top lines of paragraphs" is not entirely
> true.  'f' appears as a character (or set of
> characters) many times.

Hi!

There is a major distinction between on the one
hand k and t, and on the other hand f and p.
k and t have two legs and can appear anywhere.
f and p have one leg and appear (to my knowledge)
only on top lines of paragraphs, and I think
also in some labels.

If you're aware of any number of f or
p characters in other locations, I'd be very
interested to know of them.

Cheers, Rene