 Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:25:42 +0100
 From: PK#01 <pklist01@xxxxxxxxx>
 To: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: VMs: Is this any good ?

 I've written two mails to Mr. Parpola about his algorithm but got no reply
 (yet). I'm looking for other ideas in this field. Do you think this is any
 good? I'm not a computational linguist but I can write a program if
 necessary. Should I carry on searching in this direction?

 http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/publications/fimu-rs-2001-02_smrz_pary/fimu-rs-2001-02
 _smrz_pary.pdf

 Abstract. The paper deals with the linguistic problem of fully automatic
 grouping of semantically related words. We discuss the measures of semantic
 relatedness of basic word forms and describe the treatment of collocations.
 Next we present the procedure of hierarchical clustering of a
 very large number of semantically related words and give examples of
 the resulting partitioning of data in the form of dendrogram. Finally we
 show a form of the output presentation that facilitates the inspection of
 the resulting word clusters.