Sagittarius, was: VMs: Costamagna and abbreviation...

There are crossbows relating to Sagittarius
in a ME (or late modern) MS which was once owned
by Queen Christina of Sweden. There is a link to
a picture at:
http://www.voynich.nu/extras.html
(click on 'Leo' near the bottom of the page).

I think there was also one identified in a
German 'Blockbuch' (Rafal may remember).

Rene

http://www.stamptopicals.com/secret/stamps/march1/ASTRONOMY,ZODIAC,ANCIENT_MOSAICS,JUDAICA_FDC_fr.ISRAEL.jpg