Re: VMs: Crypto timeline needed (+ some thoughts)

--- PK#01 <pklist01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I have been quite specific about my sources of
> crypto history (see
> http://uair01.xs4all.nl ) and I would be pleased
> with more specific
> references. At the moment I have the feeling that
> the books by Dr. Meister
> from 1902 / 1904 contain information that is not
> widely known. But I don't mind to be corrected.

I think that historians of cryptography are
likely to be well aware of them. D'Imperio includes
them in her bibliography, so people studying the
VMs in the early days will have used them. I
remember from earlier posts that Jim Reeds is
familiar with these books. On our list, there are,
however, not too many H of C's, so the contents
will certainly not be known to most of us.

Cheers, Rene