Re: VMs: Rotae, VMS-glyphs, Opicinus and Friedman - on line now

--- PK#01 <pklist01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my OpenDir at http://www.xs4all.nl/~kazil/:
>
> > Circular horoscopes are a late invention. Medieval
> and renaissance
> > charts were square.
>
> I have put up a *temporary mirror* of an article on
> Rotae and Circular
> diagrams here (1,8Mb).
> I think this is a "must read" document.

Very nice indeed. Have you ever looked at
Alexander Roob's 'Taschen' edition: das Hermetische
Museum, Alchemie und Mystik. The German title
should not scare you: unfortunately it has little
text. But then it has hundreds of illustrations.

> Finally I've put up two chapters from Friedman's
> book on Baconian ciphers.
> He says many wise words about what constitutes a
> succesfull and reasonable
> decryption. He also warns about the risks of
> deceiving yourself and looking
> for ciphers that are not there. IMHO this also is a
> "must read" document:
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~kazil/friedman_01.pdf
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~kazil/friedman_02.pdf

If this is similar to what is included in Kahn:
the Codebreakers, it is indeed highly recommended.

Cheers, Rene