[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: VMs: Stroke harmony. Was: Has anyone been down this route before?

Hi Jacques,

At 15:49 04/09/2004 +1000, Jacques Guy wrote:
Further, consider how we say "digraph" for
sequences of two letters forming a single whole,
e.g. "th" in English, "gn" in French. And
"trigraphs", e.g. German "sch". Now what would
you call all the rest, those composed of only
ONE letter? Monographs?

Unus, duo, tres - so, "Unigraphs"?

FWIW, though the word "unigraph" does have a specialised use in graph theory...
...its main practical use actually seems to be for naming companies. :-/

Cheers, .....Nick Pelling.....

______________________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx with a body saying: unsubscribe vms-list