RE: VMs: DEE'S CRYSTAL BALL RECOVERED?

The crystal and authenticating letter are reported to have been recovered: see the end of
this report in the Independent.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=596993

A happy New Year to all list members. I haven't had much time for Voynichology these past
few months but I hope to be posting more in 2005.

Philip Neal

Fri 10 Dec 2004

3:24pm (UK)
Daylight Raid on Science Museum Gallery

By David Stringer, PA

A rare 16th Century clairvoyance crystal and valuable documents were snatched in a daylight raid on a gallery at the Science Museum, it was confirmed today.

The crystal, used as a tool by mediums and for curing disease,
belonged
to maverick philosopher, mathematician and astrologer John Dee, a
consultant to Elizabeth I.