[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VMs: Link between Phaistos Disk & VMs...!?
- To: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: VMs: Link between Phaistos Disk & VMs...!?
- From: Rene Zandbergen <r_zandbergen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=1sGiN1cdqzN9yGtWFUsjo0rh9KyylhxdvlJWSFJg/KRw0RX0YBju1iOThJGUPKn2rpxHAr5pJ4Mp5TKCw42vsR+ppqraZ81iB8Z91GoKyNO3/9is0M5ZluXXkKzw6imSmXBK3zJoeQXTswqYpjb8v5kRB5Rmte+XG78jwLhY+io= ;
- In-reply-to: <BF066CFB.F0B9email@example.com>
- Reply-to: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
on 7/22/05 4:45 AM, Elmar Vogt at elvogt@xxxxxxx
> To restate my point: I wouldn't completely rule
> out the Dacian hypothesis.
> But can we agree that the case *for* it is pretty
> thin, as long as the predominant argument is,
> "We know next to nothing about the Dacians"?
I agree with the last bit, but not with the first
sentence. The VMs has been studied or handled
by several MS experts, historians and archivists,
and they would be able to distinguish
between a 15th C MS and one from 1000 or more
years earlier from 10 m distance.
We can safely rule out the possibility that the MS
is much older than what is the going estimate.
Kind regards, Rene
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx with a body saying: