[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Dark MaP wrote:
> What's the original language "we 'hope' the text be wrote in?"
We "hope" it is in a language that can be recognized by someone
when decoded. The black scenario would be when a brute force
algorithm spits out a text which is then rejected as gibberish
when it was really the solution.
The range of possible languages (assuming it is not an
artificial language) covers all European and Near Eastern
languages, I believe, plus perhaps Asiatic ones (the Chinese
theory has been discussed at length).
The minimum range of highest probability should IMHO include:
- Latin (also bad, corrupted, uneducated Latin)
- Italian (and related dialects)
- German (High, Low, Allemanic, Saxon, and various dialects)
- Czech, Polish (other Slavic, incl. Lusatian, Slovenian, Ruthenian)
- Yiddish (quite prominent in the area by late Middle Ages)
- Greek (either Classical or late Byzantine)
- Hungarian (tough!)
- Turkish (and those of other Turkic peoples)
- Caucasian (Georgian, Armenian - some vague similarity of VMS script?)
I think that the following may safely be excluded (in the first
iteration, at least):
- English (?)
- French, Spanish, Portugeese
- Finnish, Latvian, Lithuanian
No doubt others have different lists <g>.