Re: VMs: Translation Attempt

I think "dinosaurus" must fit in there somewhere <grin>

I thought "astas" looked familiar.  I did a web search on "Taurus" and "astas" and found the following spanish site.

virgo (http://www.ctv.es/USERS/betelsevilla/tauro.htm)  - ... Taurus fue asignado a José, o más bien a sus dos hijos, Efrain y Manases, dos poderosas ... omo el primogénito de su toro es su gloria, Y sus astas como astas

******************************
Larry Roux
Syracuse University
lroux@xxxxxxx
*******************************
>>> rteague@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 02/13/03 22:12 PM >>>
Noting the "language" thread, I find it interesting that
just by coincidence, I was about to post my attempt
at assigning some letter values.

Since I have a working hypothesis of the meanings
of some astronomical diagrams, I thought it might
be fruitful to look for reasonable proper names in
those folios, on the assumption they would still
be recognizable.

To that end, I found a word whose letters might
be "Taurus" on f68r2; the first word in the fifth
line of text at the top.

It looks like gibberish to me, but maybe somebody
will recognize it:

---r- ar- -u----- r-aur r--s a-r--rt-s r-aur-s
-as stuur-s -a sts rtuu-- -aur--- artuus -r-r---
-r-r- r-art rtar- 1615 -uur- ar-as --ta---
ar- a--s r--- ----s --ur- -t-r- aur-- -ar---
taurus aur-s                ---- st--s astas

Robert