Re: VMs: Folios Incognito

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Rene Zandbergen wrote:
> --- DANA SCOTT <dscott520@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It has recently come to my attention, though I do
> > not recall where, that the
> > original incunabula discovered by Voynich may not,
> > in fact, be exactly the
> > same in content as what is now housed at Beinecke.
> > In other words, certain
> > folios may have been removed after the 1912
> > discovery.
> That's also mentioned on the mailing list web
> site. The comparison made is between the copyflo
> (which is the same as the MS) and a listing made
> by Newbold some time before 1922. It is possible
> that Newbold was mistaken, but Jim Gillogly believes
> that Newbold was accurate.

Yes, and since we have not heard, that the owners was
concerned about this (par example we could expect
a letter to some researchers, asking for these) ...
... so we should consider also the possibility, that these
folios were lost intentionally

Of course, we can't surprise anybody with such suspicions.
All these footprints of secret services around the story
of Voynich, the business of antiquities, which arouses from
nothing, even the much too beautiful story about the origin
of VMS ... if it would exist today around some group of
people, I would say - take care!