Re: VMs: Another method different from Cardano Grilles

Zitat von Rene Zandbergen <r_zandbergen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> It gets more tricky with the VMs. Assuming that
> the text is in a language, are there words in
> this language beside the ones written in the Voynich
> MS? To me this is a tricky question, since at
> the moment our knowledge of this language is
> confined to what's in this one book.

My take on this:

I think Jacques' criterion is valid only to test hoax hypotheses' of
the "disk/grille" class. If there is an algorithm with which one page
supposedly was generated, then we may safely assume that the other pages were
generated with essentially the same algorithm, and must show the same
characteristics.

If OTOH the VM has a (natural or artificial) language as underlying base, there
simply is no good algorithm to produce (meaningful) text, so the test is simply
not applicable.

(Or, in other words: This test works only if Schrödinger's box is empty. ;-)

Cheers,

   Elmar