Re: *****SPAM***** Re: *****SPAM***** VMs: speculating with "dairal"

25/02/2005 2:26:58 PM, mesinik@xxxxxx wrote:

>I guessed, you have tried it with Mongolian (maybe quite recently), when you
>said, Pahlavi "looks strikingly like Mongolian, rotated 90 degrees"

_Written_ Mongolian. Pahlavi also looks like Arabic... when you
don't know any Arabic. When you do, and look closer, the resemblance
disappears. Same with Voynichese looking like Latin or medevial Italian,
or whatever. Pahlavi and Mongolian use a similar alphabet, both
derived from Aramean. English and Finnish also use the same alphabet
yet they are completely unrelated languages. And you know that: your
own language, which I take is Estonian, is related to Finnish, but has
nothing to do with English and other Indo-European languages, from
French to Hindi. Yet Finnish, French, Estonian, Hungarian, Gaelic
and so on are all written in varieties of the Latin alphabet.

>But could you be a little bit more specific? Have you tested it with some
>of the Tataric dialects? Any opinions about mixed Tataric/Mongolian/maybe more?

Can't be, unless it is a very strange cipher. It cannot be Nahuatl either,
nor Maya, nor Quechua.

You could argue that Voynichese has what I called here "stroke
harmony" and that, since Mongolian has vowel and consonant harmony,
then... but no, the only languages that fit are the monosyllabic
languages of the Far East: Chinese, Vietnamese, Tibetan, as Jorge
Stolfi has found out. Mind you, there are other such languages in
the world. In Africa, for instance, but I do not know enough about
them. The few I know (Yoruba, Hausa) generally have open syllables,
that is, one consonant followed by one vowel. And that does not fit
Voynichese at all.