Re: VMs: OT: Gobbling the Whole -- Oxyrhynchus papyri have become legible

Jim Gillogly wrote:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=630165

New photographic techniques have made formerly illegible
papyri give up their secrets, which include hitherto unknown
works of Sophochles, Euripedes, Hesiod, and other classical
Greek and Roman luminaries and sub-luminaries.

Thanks! I had heard of Oxyrhincus papyri that help fragments of what is now known as the Gospel of Thomas, but I hadn't known there was a hoard.

The Archimedes palimpsest has been well publicized. The work done on it so far indicates that Archimedes invented the integral calculus. I watched a Nova PBS show on it and thought of our work.

There is also a Menander palimpsest at the Vatican, but I haven't found much information on it.

Dennis