Re: Sagittarius, was: VMs: Costamagna and abbreviation...

--- "Rafal T. Prinke" <rafalp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rene Zandbergen wrote:
>
> > There are crossbows relating to Sagittarius
> > in a ME (or late modern) MS which was once owned
> > by Queen Christina of Sweden.
>
> This is certainly quite far from Sagittarius as
> a crossbow man. I absolutely agree with Luiz (and
> said so
> many times) that finding a "real" example of such
> representation of Sagittarius would be "a great leap
> for (VMS-related) mankind".

OK, I see that I need to check whether the man
holding a crossbow in the Leo illustration is
a reference to a star in Sagittarius or not. :-)

Unfortunately, there is not one unique list of
such correspondences (paranatellonta) but there
are several.

I will come back on this one :-)

Cheers, Rene