[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VMs: Link between Phaistos Disk & VMs...!?
- To: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: VMs: Link between Phaistos Disk & VMs...!?
- From: Rene Zandbergen <r_zandbergen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=XWvBzXntsRKGQRxB3/zVwAvvzoo9tQsSPNXuH3nI6v34yg2n08M2cIdw6TvkqH3EcZzUDs2NqWB6nbvwhLaf+LczSw380y6rdJchLr6RSNLU9afZLHudkanUywasZHoTWJJDtlmbmAt8fHeJjeKQVMclTWxeM8HT/ySb6uckIvs= ;
- In-reply-to: <BF102D48.F173email@example.com>
- Reply-to: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
Your post is very long, apologies for a relatively
Not being an expert myself, I would not be able
to go into any kind of detail.
With experts I meant people who have studied
old manuscripts. I can best refer to D'Imperio,
who lists names and presents a table where the
vast majority date the MS a few centuries after
There will always be people who have some
'alternative' theory to present, and come up
with a very different dating, but I am not aware
of a case where this came from a study of the
MS (the parchment, the writing, the pigments).
These I would not call 'experts'.
Best wishes, Rene
--- Wayne Durden <wdurden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can't we do better than this hyperbole (or are you
> really suggesting there
> is some feature of the VMS that says from more than
> 30 feet its age) and
> point to something concrete?
Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx with a body saying: