[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VMs: Link between Phaistos Disk & VMs...!?
- To: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: VMs: Link between Phaistos Disk & VMs...!?
- From: Alessio <io@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:23:05 +0200
- In-reply-to: <42ED9E03.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <42EBEAED.firstname.lastname@example.org> <004501c595ec$da01d1e0$0100a8c0@jeff> <42ED9E03.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-vms-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414
The real test of Rugg, I think, would be to see how many Rugg tables
and grills it would take to reproduce the VMs itself. If it took nearly
as many Rugg tables as there are pages in the VMs, then he is clearly
overfitting the data. It isn't clear to me how to do this, though.
AFAIR 1 year ago Rugg and his assistant Aylward were writing a software
to automatically generate thousands of texts with different grids
composition to see if it was possible to obtain a text with the same VMs
complex patterns.... at the moment, I don't know the progress of this work.
To unsubscribe, send mail to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxx with a body saying: